Please note: If you use one of the links below to navigate away from this page, use your browser’s back button to come back here.
What’s it going to cost our ministry if Friends of Ministry develops a new website for us?
Friends of Ministry’s website development fees always have been set with smaller churches in mind. We believe that churches of all sizes need and deserve terrific websites, so we set our fees accordingly. The base rate for a 20-page website is $995.
However, your church may need or want more pages and features than those included in the basic 20-page site. To request an estimate, please submit a preliminary Website Development Plan. Start here.
What’s usually included in websites designed for churches?
- A custom-designed website that reflects the unique spirit and character of your ministry.
- A website based on the newest “responsive” design technology, so your site will display beautifully across all platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Android phones and tablets, tabletop computers, PC desktops and Macs. We call this a “smart” website, because it knows what kind of device your web visitor is using and adjusts accordingly. Learn more about mobile-friendly website design.
- A secure, encrypted connection, so your website’s visitors won’t have to worry that you’ve violated their privacy. Learn more about website encryption.
- A website that meets all of the requirements explained in 12 Characteristics of Effective Church Websites.
- Professional copy editing of content you provide.
- All art and photo purchases integral to the design.
- The following web pages:
- Home page with text and images provided by the ministry (and/or stock images if needed). If you wish, we can include a home-page video/slide show developed exclusively for Unity ministries. To see one version based on Unity community values, visit www.unitygreaterportland.org.
- Contact Us page with address, phone, and form for contact by email.
- Confirmation page acknowledging request for information through the Contact Us page.
- Directions page (Google map showing your location).
- About Us page with up to 400 words of text and up to three images.
- Interactive Website Calendar with up to 10 recurring events, such as Sunday services, workshops, group meetings, etc., listed with details and appropriate links for more information/registration. If your church has more than 10 recurring events on its schedule at the time your new website is developed, add $10 for each additional event to the development cost.
- Donations page (with link to online donations made by credit card or PayPal). Note: The church must have or set up a free PayPal account. (Example)
- Thank-you page acknowledging receipt of donation.
- About Prayer page, with information about Unity’s foundation of prayer; info about how to contact Silent Unity for prayer support; link to submit prayer requests to your ministry. (Example)
- Prayer Request Form
- Confirmation page acknowledging receipt of prayer requests.
- About Unity page with text from Unity’s website. (Example)
- Unity’s 5 Basic Principles (with appropriate image). (Example)
- Learn more about Unity, with links to www.unity.org, the Daily Word, unity.fm, Spirit Path (Unity retreats), and Silent Unity. (Example)
- I’m New Here. This is the second most-visited page (after the home page) on church websites. This page delivers answers to seekers’ most common questions, such as: How do people dress on Sundays? How long is your service? Do you have child care? (Example)
- Minister’s or spiritual leader’s bio page with photo. Visitors to your website and newcomers to your church want to know who’s in charge. This page answers that question and gives potential visitors and members one more important way to connect to your ministry. (Example)
- Sacred Occasions page with info about services such as weddings, christenings, memorial services and home blessings. This page will be customized for you. Here is an example of this page. (Example)
- Youth Ministry page. Even if your Sunday School program is limited, it’s important to include information about child care and Unity’s approach to educating children. All parents considering a visit to your church will be looking for this information. Here is an example of this page, which we can customize for your ministry. (Example)
If you need additional web pages, we’ll be happy to develop them for you. So that we can create a reliable estimate for you, please complete and submit a preliminary Website Development Plan. (There’s no cost or obligation involved.)
What else is included in the base price?
- Appropriate YouTube videos, such as Pray Always featuring Daniel Nahmod’s song, When I Pray, and Maya Angelou’s interview with Oprah, during which Angelou describes the idea in Lessons in Truth that changed her life
- Up to 3 email addresses, with automatic forwarding to email inboxes of your choice and free Spam Assassin.
- Integration with your social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Meetup).
- Blog setup, if desired.
- Unlimited hosting space, enough for hundreds of web pages and 52 audio files.
- Excellent technical support.
What is specifically NOT included?
- Domain recovery — If your church has lost control of its domain name and you want us to try to recover it for you, we will be happy to help. This service is billed at $25 per hour. Every situation is different, so it’s impossible to know in advance how much time this process will take, and we cannot guarantee that our best efforts will result in domain recovery. For example, a former volunteer who registered your domain may be unwilling to cooperate by transferring ownership to the church.
- Custom slide show development — We can set up one or more photo albums/slide shows featuring images of your property, people and events. Please request an estimate.
- Podcasting — We can add up to 12 audio files (mp3 format) during website development. Please request an estimate for podcasting.
- Email setup on church or staff members’ personal computers — If your ministry does not have tech support, we can assist you. However, this kind of assistance is not included in our basic website development and hosting package. If you will need help, please request a separate estimate for this kind of support.
What other costs are associated with websites?
A website development fee is a one-time cost, one of four costs typically associated with church websites. Other costs for websites include domain name registrations (usually about $40 per year for .com and .org versions of your domain name), website hosting fees ($300/year), and website maintenance. To learn more, read What a Website Costs.
We’ve signed up for the Unity branding program. Can you develop a website that will meet the Unity branding requirements?
Absolutely, yes. We have designed several branded websites for Unity churches. For one example, see www.unityofsouthbay.org. You’ll also be happy to learn that you can save hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in hosting fees by using our services. For more information, read this.
Can we maintain our own website?
Yes. Our software is web-based and easy to use. If you or a volunteer or staff member has the time, commitment and skill to do it, you can maintain your own website. Our training fee is usually $149 (for up to 3 people trained in an online session) and includes one month of unlimited follow-up support.
Will you maintain our website for us?
Yes. If you need someone to maintain your church’s website, we will be happy to do that for you. Maintenance fees for smaller churches may be set at weekly or monthly rates, depending on the number of events on your church schedule. The maintenance fees cover regular updates of all existing web pages. Learn more.
Why should we retain Friends of Ministry?
Please read What Our Clients Say about us.
Is our website going to rank high on Google?
Websites we develop almost always rank 1, 2 or 3 on the first page of Google search results when anyone searches for a church by denomination + city. And our sites are developed with search-engine-friendly architecture to maximize your visibility on the web when anyone searches for church + city. However, how well your website ranks depends on many things we cannot control, such as whether the word “church” appears in your name; how many churches are in your neighborhood or city; how much community outreach your church does, whether your members are active on social networks, whether you send weekly email newsletters, etc.
How long does it take to get a new website constructed?
That depends on all of us — how quickly you can send us the content for your website, and how many websites we have under construction when you contact us. In general, though, we can deliver in 4 to 6 weeks.
How do we get started?
Complete and submit a preliminary website development plan so we’ll be able to understand your ministry’s needs. We’ll review your information and get back to you with questions or a price ASAP.
What are the payment terms?
We require a 50 percent down payment, which is nonrefundable, and the balance due upon completion and acceptance of your website.
If you’re wondering how your ministry is going to pay for the new website you need now, relax. We accept credit cards as well as checks, and we partner with PayPal to provide special interest-free financing through PayPal Credit.
We have other questions. How do we contact you?
Call 727-687-5272, or use the contact form on this website.